In my article “REVITALIZE YOUR TIRED EYES! – Healthy/Healing Anti Aging Tips,” I wrote of 10 natural ways of promoting eye health as well as the many benefits of using a good anti wrinkle eye cream/gel. A good eye cream/gel will work wonders to help decongest excess fluid buildup for diminished dark circles and puffiness while reducing fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
The eyes are usually the first part of the face to show visible signs of aging. The thin delicate skin around the eyes has fewer oil glands than in other parts of the body leaving this sensitive area susceptible to dryness and wrinkling. Puffy eyes and dark circles are another common complaint among women and men over 40. It’s no wonder that eye creams/gels are one of the HOTTEST selling anti aging skin care products!
Based on extensive customer feedback and recommendations of top Dermatologists…Below are (6) very popular Anti Aging Eye Creams/Gels:
- DDF Protective Eye Cream SPF 15 – Reduce fine lines and wrinkles, reduce puffiness, and fade dark under eye circles with this luxurious day time eye treatment. This herbal formula containing CoQ-10, green tea, ginkgo biloba, retinol, and Vitamin K brightens and tightens the entire delicate eye area while SPF 15 prevents premature aging from sun exposure. Suitable for all skin types.
- Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel – This refreshing aloe vera based eye gel is another Ole Henriksen BEST SELLER! Containing calming calendula essential oil and cucumber – This anti puffy eye gel with it’s eye brightening extracts has the moisturizing properties of a cream, but with the cooling, soothing effect of a gel! It’s not only calming and healing…it’s AWESOME! Great Price Too! For all skin types.
- Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Toning Gel – This lightweight oil-free gel contains optimal levels of vitamin C and anti aging ingredients like grape seed extract to lift sagging skin around the eyes while helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles and crows feet. This formulation is tolerated well by all but the most sensitive skin types and can be used by both men and women.
- Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Firming Eye Repair – This NEW Blue Copper Eye Repair is the ultimate 3 in 1 anti aging eye treatment! The powerful combination of copper, peptides, and anti aging proteins help stimulate collagen and elastin production while reducing the depth of fine lines and wrinkles. This cream-gel rich antioxidant formula glides on and melts into the skin and even helps make-up stay put. This clinically proven proven eye treatment delivers noticeable results! Perfect for all skin types.
- Relastin Eye Silk – An Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner – Relastin Eye Silk glides on with a super smooth silky finish, penetrating deep into the skin layers to promote production of collagen and elastin, while diminishing fine lines and wrinkles, undereye puffiness and dark circles. Bases on clinical studies among women who used Relastin – visible results were seen in just 2-4 weeks including: 82% saw a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, 75% saw a reduction in puffiness, 81% saw improvement in skin firmness, 90% felt skin was smoother, and 75% said it improved skin elasticity. Relastin Eye Silk is a Best Seller! See Before and After Pics.
- Murad Lighten and Brighten Eye Treatment – Another Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner! This Lighten and Brighten Eye Treatment dramatically reduces dark circles by an average of 59% and under eye bags and puffiness by up to 50%. This patented triple action formula targets the signs of environmental damage to give you brighter, more vibrant, youthful looking eyes.
Another Option: For fine lines, dark circles, and tired puffy eyes – Check out DuWop I-Gels! These disks of cool gels come in a variety pack and conform to the shape of the eye, bathing the area in soothing botanical extracts.
I-Gels come in 3 uplifting scents:
Blue – A relaxing lavender scent containing chamomile to soothe tired eyes
Orange – A stimulating grapefruit scent containing Vitamin K for dark circles
Purple – A soothing bergamot/wisteria scent with Vitamin C to target fine lines and wrinkles
Each pouch contains 3 pairs of I-Gels, one of each color, that are reuseable for up to four times.
NOTE: As we get older, dark circles become more prominent. Sun damage, smoking, and alcohol can all be contributing factors. As the ancient English proverb goes…”The eyes are the windows to the soul”… So take GOOD CARE of your eyes! They need Tender Loving Care too! Please read my article “REVITALIZE YOUR TIRED EYES”for natural tips on eye care. And remember – A good anti aging eye cream/gel and making healthy lifestyle choices can make a world of difference in making you look younger, fresher, and more vibrant!
ANTI AGING SECRET: To relieve puffy eyes, keep your eye cream or serum in the refrigerator. When you apply it in the morning, the cooling sensation will help reduce any puffiness and it feels great on the eyes!
Many times we’re so focused on using anti aging skin care products and treatments for the face, that the skin on our body gets neglected. Applying a good quality body moisturizer is one of the few ways we can pamper ourselves and improve our skin’s health.
The best time to apply a daily body moisturizer is 2-3 minutes after bathing and toweling off while your skin is still damp. You’ll seal in moisture before it evaporates. Use a product that contains a blend of age-defying ingredients and antioxidant compounds to restore suppleness to dry skin. And pay special attention to areas that are prone to dryness and cracking such as the knees and elbows or callused areas.
These Very Popular Anti Aging Body Lotions and Creams get High Ratings and Rave Reviews from it’s consumers:
- AHAVA Triple Mineral Body Lotion with Pump – This is AHAVA’s best selling Mineral Body Lotion and is now available for a limited time only in a triple size bottle at a GREAT price! The hypoallergenic aloe based formula contains natural anti aging dead sea ingredients to moisturize and soothe all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- BOSCIA Jujube Whipped Body Cream – This luxurious body cream contains vitamin rich jujube fruit which encourages healthy skin cell rejuvenation, improves elasticity and firmness, while diminishing the appearance of stretch marks and scars. This whipped body moisturizer is loaded with skin brightening aromatherapy essential oils, essential fatty acids, and powerful antioxidants to protect the skin against premature aging.
- L’OCCITANE Citrus Verbena Sorbet Body Cream – This NEW light and refreshing Sorbet Body Cream smells heavenly of citrus fruits and organic verbena! Enriched with lemon essential oil extract, this creamy moisturizer with it’s gel like texture, has an instant cooling effect on the skin. It’s citrusy scent is absolutely intoxicating and lasts all day! This never sticky non-greasy formula absorbs quickly and will leave your skin soft, smooth and supple!
- H2O Plus Exfoliating Marine Body Butter – This hydrating 2-in-1 sea-derived moisturizer contains skin-smoothing multi-hydroxy acids and marine algae to exfoliate and eliminate dry dead skin cells and flaky skin. This nutrient-rich body cream brightens and rejuvenates, leaving skin soft and silky smooth. Also available: H2O Plus Hydrating Body Butter – This super intensive moisture cream contains anti aging green tea, Vitamin-C, and natural coconut for the ultimate in hydration. Non-greasy and absorbs quickly. Both of these Body Butters (Now in a larger 8 oz. tube), get outstanding reviews and are very reasonably priced!
- PHILOSOPHY Amazing Grace Perfumed Firming Body Emulsion – A 2006 Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner for BEST Body Moisturizer! This muti-tasking hydrator revitalizes dry, aged, and wrinkled skin with a blend of powerful antioxidants, shea butter, macadamia nut and olive oils. This emulsion contains a firming ingredient to tone skin, leaving it velvety smooth. Amazing Grace is Philosophy’s #1 selling fragrance. It’s no wonder that this Perfumed Firming Body Emulsion gets such high ratings from it’s very happy customers!
Body Lotions/Creams have other benefits as well! Applying a lotion to the skin can be very therapeutic! Start with the feet and work your way up your legs, arms, and torso. It not only feels wonderful as you massage it in, but it stimulates the senses to induce calmness and relaxation!
BOTTOM LINE: To improve the overall health and beauty of your skin… It’s essential to use a body lotion/cream after your shower or before bedtime!
Anti aging is a complex process, which requires from you a number of ways to overcome it. One of the means to not only look and also feel younger is detoxing, which we will describe in this article.
Do you feel tired and sluggish and just our of sync? Are you experiencing digestive distress or problems with your skin? It’s quite possible you’re suffering from toxic build-up. It may be time to consider doing a detox. Detox (short for detoxification) has been practiced for thousands of years. It is a naturally anti aging and very effective way to cleanse the body from the inside out and is the key to achieving and maintaining optimal health and well-being. Detoxing allows the body to flush out toxins and contaminants that have built up over the years in our cells, bloodstream and organs.
Detoxing can help relieve these problems:
- Chronic Fatigue
- Low Energy
- Digestive Problems
- Bloated / Gassy
- IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Candida -Yeast Infections
- Skin Disorders such as Eczema and Psoriasis
- Bad Breath / Body Odor
- Loss of Concentration
- Muscle / Joint Pain
- Overweight / Underweight
There are a number of detox programs to chose from (depending on your needs) from Colon and Parasite Cleanses that use herbs, fiber and vitamins to Colon Hydrotherapy (also known as Colonics) which uses gentle water to cleanse the colon.
Following a Detox Program, you can continue to cleanse your body with these healthy, healing, anti aging practices to assist the bodies natural detoxification:
- Eat a Nutritious Antioxidant Rich Diet – fruits, vegetables (preferably organic) and high in fiber
- Drink 8 Glasses of Water Daily – to help flush out toxins and keep you hydrated
- Cleanse and Protect your Liver – with herbs such as milk thistle and dandellion root tea
- Vitamin – C is a powerful antioxidant that is essential for any detox program
- Practice Diaphragmatic Breathing – Deep breathing has a very powerful impact on your health! Clikc on the link to learn more about Diaphragmatic Breathing.
- Dry Skin Brushing – Used for centuries, dry skin brushing not only helps to exfoliate the skin, but is one of the most underated practices for healthy skin and the entire body! Click on the link for the many health benefits of Dry Skin Brusing.
- Hydrotherapy – Also used for centuries this practice of alternating hot and cold water produces many healing benefits. For more information on Hydrotherapy.
- Exercise – Is the # 1 anti aging secret in the world! For the numerous anti aging benefits of Exercise.
- Sauna – Sweating in a sauna is excellent for eliminating waste through perspiration
PLEASE NOTE: For vibrant health, it’s recommended to do a detoxification cleanse at least once a year. After your cleanse is complete, it’s recommended to take probiotics to replace the good bacteria you lose while cleansing your colon. DO NOT take probiotics during the cleanse as they’ll just get washed out. Consult a health care practitioner if you have any questions regarding detoxing.
I think we’re all familiar with the term “you are what you eat” – meaning to be healthy you need to eat healthy. When you eat a diet of processed foods, high in saturated fat, salt, white sugar and flour, it can lead to a host of health problems, low energy levels, and depression.
There are specific foods (groups) that have a key role in anti aging, while restoring your vitality and vigor:
- ALLIUM FAMILY – Garlic, onion, shallots and leeks all help to detoxify the body and restore liver function.
- BEANS/LENTILS – Low in calories and fat, but packed full of protein, high in complex carbohydrates, fiber, folic acid, and omega 6 fatty acids, beans/lentils are an anti aging dietary necessity!
- BERRIES – All berries including the *acai berry are loaded with powerful anti aging antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids (EFA’s). The phytonutrients found in berries help discourage the growth of cancer cells and the high Vitamin C content helps lower the risk of heart disease.
- CRUCIFEROUS VEGETABLES – Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, among others are considered super veggies containing phytochemicals that have excellent cancer fighting properties.
- GREEN FOODS – Barley grass, wheat grass, spirulina, and blue green algae are all very anti aging and are shown to have beneficial effects on cholesterol, blood pressure, and cancer prevention.
- NUTS/SEEDS – Almonds, walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and so on are tremendously nutritious and an excellent source of protein, potassium, fiber, and EFA’s. Nuts have numerous anti aging and beauty benefits! One caveat: Consume nuts in moderation if your’e trying to cut calories as they are high in fat.
- OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS – These “good fats” are found in foods such as salmon and tuna, flax seed (oil), hemp oil, olive oil, avacado, and nuts. EFA’s are essential for brain, cardiovascular, skin health and so much more!
- SOY – Tofu, tempeh, miso and so on, contain cancer fighting compounds known as isoflavones which possess antifungal, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties which help reduce bad cholesterol, maintian bone density, and help reduce hot flashes and night sweat in postmenopausal women. NOTE: Because soy mimics estrogen, women who have had breast cancer should consult their doctor about whether to include soy in their diet.
- SPICES – Used for centuries for their medicinal as well as culinary purposes – Cinnamon, tumeric, ginger, paprika, rosemary, cayenne, oregano, and basil actually have more disease fighting antioxidants then most fruits and vegetables.
- SPROUTS – Sprouts are one of the most nutritious foods that exists! They’re extremely high in protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and have a high enzyme content – making them easy to digest. Sprouts are best eaten raw as cooking destroys much of their nutritional content.
- YOGURT/KEFIR – Containing live cultures – these foods are vital for replenshing healthy flora in the digestive tract. Adding fermented (probiotic) foods to your daily diet will boost your immune system and increase your energy!
- WHOLE GRAINS – Complex carbohydrates such as oatmeal, barley, brown rice, quinoa (keen wah) and popcorn are not only high in fiber, but a good source of vitamins, iron, and antioxidants. Whole grains have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and many types of cancer.
These delicious anti aging foods provide your body with the nutrients it needs, and may help reduce your risk of disease. So, if you’re serious about preventing disease, boosting your immune system, increasing your energy, looking younger, and feeling better, then adding these anti aging foods to your diet is a must!
Studies show that many people are not getting the proper vitamins and nutrients they need to battle the aging process. While aging is inevitable – with the proper diet, exercise, and supplements you can live a longer healthier life, more youthful life!
Anti Aging Supplements That May Help You Turn Back The Clock:
- ACETYL L-CARNITINE -This anti aging brain nutrient helps prevent and increase brain receptors that would otherwise deteriorate with age. Effects include enhanced cognitive ability and a lessening of depression.
- ALPHA LIPOIC ACID – Hailed as the most powerful antioxidant known to man – Alpha Lipoic Acid is about 400 times stronger than Vitamin-C and may be the most important antioxidant of all in protecting the brain from neurological decline seen with aging.
- ANTIOXIDANTS – The principal antioxidants – Vitamins A, C, and E, Selenium, and Beta-Carotene are all effective in helping prevent heart disease, cancer, stroke, and a variety of other diseases associated with aging. Antioxidants prevent disease by destroying free radicals inside the body.
- BORON – Crucial for supporting bones – Boron protects against osteoporosis, while preserving joint health and cognitive function.
- CALCIUM – Essential for strong teeth and bones – To be effective calcium needs to be taken with ample doses of Vitamin-D and Magnesium. NOTE: Calcium and Magnesium work together to prevent Osteoporosis.
- COENZYME Q10 – CoQ10 has numerous health benefits – Strengthens immune system, lowers blood pressure, prevents heart attacks, counters obesity, and slows aging.ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS – EFA’s are vital for the immune system, brain function, circulatory health, skin health, and anti aging benefits. Omega-3 and Omega-6 have different effects – borage and evening primrose provide Omega-6, while fish oils provide Omega-3’s.
- DIGESTIVE ENZYMES – Our bodies produce natural enzymes. When we’re young we have an abundant supply – as we age we produce less. Many people think that taking digestive enzyme supplements are just for people with digestive problems – they are important for people of all ages, and they’re especially vital as we age. Enzymes are natural energizers and essential for the breakdown and absorption of nutrients needed for health and longevity.
- DHEA – Is a natural hormone found in our body and produced by our adrenal glands. As we age the levels decrease. DHEA can help with chronic fatigue, impaired immunity, heart disease, senility, and sexual dysfunction. DHEA is also known to lower the risk of cancer.
- PHOSPHATIDYL CHOLINE – The main component of lecithin and needed for proper mental function, phosphatidyl choline helps prevent heart disease, gallstones, and liver problems, and has been found to be beneficial for neurolgical problems, memory loss, and depression.
- RESVERATROL – (rez-VER-a-trawl) – This red wine extract is beoming one of the most talked about longevity products on the market today. Resveratrol is a powerful anti aging antioxidant which lowers bad (LDL) cholesterol and boosts your energy levels.
- SAMe – (Sammy) is being touted as an anti aging health-enhancing blockbuster. SAMe maintains mitochondrial funtion (the power generator of our cells) and prevents DNA mutations. In addition, SAMe protects the liver and heart and helps counteract depression.
Herbs have been used for over 4,000 years to treat a wide variety of illnesses and ailments. Herbs are plants NOT drugs that contain powerful antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. Used for their culinary, cosmetic, medicinal, and anti aging purposes – herbs are shown to alleviate a host of age related conditions to maintain health, beauty, and longevity.
12 of the Most Popular Anti Aging Herbs:
- ASHWAGANDHA – Traditionally used in Indian Ayervedic medicine for it’s rejuvenation and longevity enhancers – Ashwagandha promotes physical and mental health, reducing inflammation, stress, and high cholesterol. It’s also known to improves immune system and sexual enhancement.
- CHINESE WOLFBERRY aka GOJI BERRIES – Considered to be the worlds most nutritious fruits – goji berries are extremely high in antioxidants, and have 500 times more vitamin-C per ounce than orange juice. These berries enhance vision health, stimulate the immune system, and protect the liver.
- GINKGO BILOBA – High in antioxidants ginkgo biloba is shown to alleviate age related memory loss. Used commonly for treatment in early-stage Alzheimers disease by enhancing blood flow not only to the brain, but throughout the entire body. Ginkgo’s other anti aging benefits include reducing stress, anxiety, and restoring energy.
- GINSENG – One of the most widely used herbal supplements – Ginseng is an energy tonic (but without the jitters), reduces fatigue, and both emotional and physical stress. In addition it enhances memory and strenghthens the immune system. Ginseng is also found in many natural herbal anti aging skin care products.
- GOTU KOLA – Used for centuries as a healing treatment, gotu kola is a nerve tonic which promotes relaxation and enhances memory. Sometimes confused with kola nut – gotu kola is non stimulating and contains no caffeine. It’s known for enhancing blood flow especially to the legs which helps in the prevention of varicose veins. It also helps the health of skin, hair, and nails and aids in many types of wound healing as well as eczema and psoriasis.
- GRAPE SEED EXTRACT – One of the most powerful antioxidants – this anti aging herb promotes brain, skin, and eye health. It also helps improve cardiovascular health, improves mental health and prevents senility. Grape seed extract is also used in cancer prevention.
- JIAOLGULAN (jow-goo-lawn) – Known as the “Immortality Herb” – jiaolgulan is one of the major *Adaptogens. Jiaolgulan supports circulation and the immune system, lowers cholesterol and high blood pressure, modulates the nervous system, increases cardiac function, and normalizes cardiovascular and homonal systems.
- MACA – This powerful antioxidant and anti-carcinogen has a number of anti aging benefits. Maca helps to regulate and maintain endocrine health. In addition, it enhances fertility, improves sexual function in both men and women and reduces hormonal dysfunction. It’s also been shown to enhance energy, endurance, and stamina
- RED CLOVER – Considered to be one of the richest sources of isoflavones (chemicals that act like estrogen) – red clover is used for menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and night sweats. It improves blood circulation, lowers cholesterol, and helps to prevent osteoporosis. This anti aging herb also aids in digestion, helps with respiratory ailments, and improves liver health.
- REISHI MUSHROOM – This mood elevating herbal supplement has anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-allergic, and antioxidant properties. In addition, reishi lowers blood pressure, strenghthens the immune system, and improves liver function.
- RHODIOLA ROSEA – This anti aging *Adaptogen enhances mental and physical performance while improving cognitive function and fatigue. Rhodiola is well known for it’s anti stress related capabilities. Many people are not aware that high stress living can cause chronic disease and premature aging. Rhodiola is one of the best herbs you can take if you lead a high stress lifestyle.
- SCHIZANDRA -Known by Chinese women as a sexual enhancer (for both men and women) and youth tonic. Schizandra improves adrenal health and lung, liver, and kidney function. This herb is mildy calming and has pain alleviating properties. It also purifies the blood, sharpens the mind, and improves memory.
PLEASE NOTE: When first using herbs, some people may experience some cleansing action of the body (such as nausea, diarrhea, head aches etc.) – This is a temporary detoxing process that takes place while the body is being restored to health. If you have any health issues or concerns, it’s best to check with your doctor or holistic practitioner before starting any kind of home treatment.
*ADAPTOGENS – Natural plant products that increase energy and endurance, reduce stress levels, promotes greater mental alertness and has a balancing effect on body functions.